Ski Guides Nepal Treks and Expedition
16 Days : Trekking and Skiing/Snowboarding :
Mera Peak Ski Expedition
Mera peak (6654m) is a permitted trekking peak in Nepal. It stands to the south of Mount Everest & dominates the watershed between heavily wooded Valley of the Inkhu. Mera Peak climbing is an excellent option for anyone with moderate mountaineering experience. It is a challenging trekking peak due to its elevation, but the technical mountaineering skills requirement is very basic. Besides, Himalayan Glacier’s seasoned Sherpa guide will provide us with a basic mountaineering training before the actual summit.
Mera peak is the well known easier 18 “Trekking Peaks” of Nepal. Trekkers should walk from Lukla through the Sherpa country of the remote Inkhu valley, which is an unforgettable experience, offering superb scenery, and abundant wildlife – including rumored sightings of the legendary yeti. You can do ski descending from the near TOP. From Top of Mera peak, you can see Mount Everest 8848m. Mount Makalu 8464m. Mount Kanchanjunga 8586m. Mount Lhotse 8516meters and many other tiny peaks. Reaching on the top of Mount Mera Peak is like reaching the heaven on Earth.
We have already successfully completed our Mera Peak Ski Expedition with collaboration of Ski and Snowboarding Foundation Nepal on September 2016.
Day 1: Fly to Lukla, trek to Paiya (Chutok) (2,730m/8,956ft): 40 mins flight, 5-6 hours trek
Day 2: Paiya to Panggom (2,846m/9,337ft): 5-6 hours
Day 3: Panggom to Ningsow (2,863m/9,393ft): 4-5 hours
Day 4: Ningsow to Chhatra Khola (2,800m/9,186ft): 7-8 hours
Day 5: Chhatra Khola to Kothe (3,691m/12,109ft): 6-7 hours
Day 6: Kothe to Thaknak (4,358m/14,297ft): 3-4 hours
Day 7: Thaknak to Khare (5,045m/16,486ft): 2-3 hours
Day 8: Khare: Acclimatization and pre–climb training
Day 9: Khare to Mera High Camp and ski touring in high camp (5,780m/18,958ft): 6-7 hours
Day 10: Ski and ski touring in high camp.
Day 11: Mera High Camp to Summit and ski down (6,461m/21,1907ft) and back to Khare (5045m/16,547ft): 8-9 hours
Day 12: Reserve Day for Contingency
Day 13: Khare to Kothe (3600m/11808ft): 4-5 hours
Day 14: Kothe to Thuli Kharka (4,300 m/14,107ft): 5-6 hours
Day 15: Thuli Kharla to Lukla via Zatrwa La pass: 6-7 hours
Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu
This Premimum Package costs 3500$ per Person
New Year Offer only 2300$
This offer is for September for only 15 people our fix departure will be on septermber 10 from Kathmandu.
1. All the necessary climbing and skiing permits.
2. TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System).
3. A well experienced English speaking ski and climbing guide from Ski and Snowboarding Foundation Nepal (NFSS).
4. Porters who will carry your ski gears, baggage and other things.
5. Your food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and accommodation ((Best tea house accommodation during trek).
6. You trekking staffs’ food (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and accommodation (tea house accommodation) and insurance too.
7. Ski and snowboard with ski poles and boots.
8. Flying from Kathmandu to airport and back.
Cost doesn’t include-
1. Your travel/trekking insurance.
2. Drinks and bar bills.
3. Your trekking equipments like trekking shoes, trekking shirt and other clothes.
4. Any entry fee for the Monastery during trekking time.
5. Tips for the trekking staff.
Activity: Trekking, Skiing Touring / Split-boarding
Duration: 16 Days
Highest Alt: 6654 m
Trek Type: Tea House + Camping
Best Season: Winter (September – December)